Beginning Monday, June 15 the Cobra weight room will be open for the summer. The evening schedule will be Monday-Thursday until July 30. The middle school weight lifting time will be from 5:00-6:15 PM and high school lifting time will be 6:30-8:15 PM. Sponsors will be Mr. Wick and Mr. Melvin. In addition to the evening times, the weight room will be open Tuesday-Thursday mornings 7:30-8:30 AM starting June 17 and Mrs. McKenzie will be the sponsor.
Weight room guidelines for this summer include:
- A signed release form must be on file at the district office prior to lifting weights.
- Wash Hands – Coaches and athletes should wash their hands for a minimum of 20 seconds with warm water and soap or use hand sanitizer before entering the weight room and participating in workouts. (USD 335 will provide hand sanitizer.)
- Temperature Checks – Sign in on the Covid-19 KSHSAA Athlete/Coach Monitoring Form. All students will be asked daily screening questions and have their temperature taken prior to working out. Any person with positive symptoms reported or a temperature of 100 degrees or above should not take part in workouts and should contact his/her primary care provider or other appropriate health-care professional.
- Wipe Down Equipment - Weight equipment should be wiped down thoroughly before and after an individual’s use of equipment.
- Stay Home if Sick -Keep our school and community safe. Stay home if you are feeling sick or are vulnerable to illness. Students should be 3 days fever free and 10 days after onset of any COVID-19 symptoms cough, diarrhea, shortness of breath, etc.
- Wear a Mask - Masks are recommended but they are an optional family choice.
- Keep Your Distance - Stay at least six feet away from others whenever possible.
- Lifts/Spotters - Maximum lifts should be limited, and power cages should be used for squats and bench presses. Spotters should stand at each end of the bar.
- Water Bottles - Students should provide their own water bottles with names on them.
- Sharing - There should be no shared athletic towels, clothing, or shoes between students.
- Daily Laundering - Students should wear their own appropriate workout clothing (do not share clothing), and individual clothing/towels should be washed and cleaned after every workout immediately after the student returns home.
These guidelines have been put in place for the health and safety of our students. Please contact the USD 335 District Office at 364-2194 with questions or concerns about the weight room.