The Jackson Heights FFA celebrated the 2020-21 school year at their chapter banquet tonight by sharing CDE highlights, handing out many awards, and installing new officers. Seniors, Colby Doyle, Shelby Phillips and Cheyennee Bottom reflected on their time in FFA by giving their retiring addresses and they were also presented with Farm Bureau Awards for their years of service in FFA .
Some of the FFA awards and recognition included:
- The streak continues! For the fifth year in a row, the JH FFA earned first at speech contest.
- Star Greenhand-Haddlea Kilpatrick
- Greenhand Degree-Tyson Ball, Dawson Cochren, Haddlea Kilpatrick, Kryndon Proffitt, Alex Rollins, Kaylee Thompson, Nate Linck, and Jude Williams.
- Star Chapter Farmer-Colby Doyle
- Scholarship Awards-Colby Doyle, senior; Dakota Abel, junior; Alex Browning, sophomore and Haddlea Kilpatrick, freshman.
- Proficiency Awards-Cheyennee Bottom, equine entrepreneurship; Dakota Abel, equine placement; Shelby Phillips, dairy placement and dairy entrepreneurship; Teagan Rodvelt, beef placement; Taegan Binkley, diversified livestock; Alex Rollins, poultry; Kryndon Proffitt, small animal care; Haden Doyle, diversified ag production; Colby Doyle, diversified crop placement; Josie Buck, ag processing; Alex Browning, turf grass management; Dawson Cochren, outdoor recreation; Clint Lierz, forage production; Cheyennee Bottom, floriculture; Gavin Will, wildlife management and Kylen Kilpatrick, ag mechanics placement.
Congratulations to all of tonight's award winners and to all the FFA members who worked so hard to achieve success in CDE contests throughout the 2020-21 school year!